Week 2 DiscussionDiscussion Topic
For this assignment, make sure you post your initial responses to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format. Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ initial postings. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Cite sources in your responses to your classmates. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of the week.
Review the following resources:
From the below list, select one topic for which you will lead the discussion in the forum this week. Early in the week, reserve your selected topic by posting your response (reservation post) to the Discussion Area, identifying your topic in the subject line. By the due date assigned, research your topic and start a scholarly conversation as you respond with your initial or primary post to your own reservation post in the Discussion Area. Make sure your response does not duplicate your colleagues’ responses.
Compare the three approaches to research.
Describe how the Postpositivist Worldview impacts the approach to research.
Compare the Constructivist and Transformative Worldviews in terms of how they impact the approach to research.
Describe how the Pragmatic Worldview impacts the approach to research.
Discuss Strategies to Identify a Research Topic.
Synthesize key concepts in a way that articulates a clear point, position, and conclusion supported by research. Select a different bullet point than what your classmates have already posted so that we can engage several discussions on relevant topics. If all of the bullet points have been addressed, then you may begin to reuse the bullet points with the expectation that varied responses continue.
The final paragraph (three or four sentences) of your initial post should summarize the one or two key points that you are making in your initial response.
As the beginning of a scholarly conversation, your initial post should be:
- Succinctno more than 500 words.
- Provocativeuse concepts and combinations of concepts from the readings to propose relationships, causes, and/or consequences that inspire others to engage (inquire, learn). In other words, take a scholarly stand.
- Supportedscholarly conversations are more than opinions. Ideas, statements, and conclusions are supported by clear research and citations from course materials as well as other credible, peer-reviewed resources.
Engage in discussion with at least two classmates (Follow-up Posts) and respond to questions from your instructor.
- The reservation post and initial post are assessed in the rubric line item “Quality of initial posting.”
- Neither the reservation post nor the initial post counts toward days of participation.
- Follow-up posts made throughout the week to your colleagues and professor will apply to participation points in the rubric.
All posts will be assessed for writing mechanics and information literacy. Be sure to review the expanded rubric for more details on grading criteria.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."