Discussion: Values Underlying Theory and the NASW Code of Ethics
Every profession has a code of ethics that guides professional behavior. In social work, the NASW Code of Ethics guides the behavior and decision-making practices of social workers. It is important that the theories social workers select in working with clients align, or are consistent, with the values and ethical principles identified in the NASW Code of Ethics.
In this Discussion, you align ethics and theory in relation to practice
Review the National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics listed in the Learning Resources.
- Review the core values (found in the preamble) more broadly, and then focus on specific ethical standards.
- Identify specific standards for your post.
- If you dont have field experience that applies to this Discussion, you can apply other social work experience, including internships (my internship is working with hospice clients) or professional experience, or apply a case study from this course.
Post a response to the following:
- Select feminist theory or empowerment theory. Summarize the underlying principles and values of the theory in 34 brief sentences.
- Analyze the extent to which the underlying principles and core values of the theory, as found in the preamble, are consistent with the NASW Code of Ethics in 34 brief sentences.
- Briefly describe a client from your fieldwork or other professional experience and their presenting problem in 23 sentences using the theory you selected.
- Identify one ethical standard from the NASW Code of Ethics that would apply to the client you described. Be sure to identify the numerical standard from the code of ethics to which you are referring.
- Explain how the theory is consistent with the work you did with the client and the ethical standard.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."